set.a.light 3D STUDIO is the world's first photo studio simulation, with which you can pre-create lighting kits on a PC and realistically simulate the expected image results. Thanks to the program set.a.light 3D your studio is always at your fingertips in your computer - develop all your possibilities for any shooting location, even if you are sitting on the sofa or on an airplane during this time!
The combination of virtual planning with reliable lighting equipment from Hensel makes it easy to carry out the most complex shooting process in any situation. It gives you more time - to create even more unique pictures!
Thanks to the program set.a.light 3D your studio is always at your fingertips in your computer - develop all your possibilities for any shooting location, even if you are sitting on the sofa or on an airplane during this time! The combination of virtual planning with reliable lighting equipment from Hensel makes it easy to carry out the most complex shooting process in any situation. It gives you more time - to create even more unique pictures!
Especially when a photographer does not have access to a studio or model, the set.a.light 3D program helps to try different ideas and show creativity. Finally, with the help of a printed lighting scheme (in PDF or JPG format), you can create the necessary lighting later - in the studio or on the road. The ideal basis for a successful photo shoot.
Positive side effect: You have more time to shoot, and you can better focus on the model, on the details, and eventually get great shots! At the same time, the scheme will remain with you saved.
Set.a.light 3D is also a great extra tool for schools. Using the projector, you can flexibly give explanations for each scheme, and the exported settings are the perfect training material.
For students, set.a.light 3D is a great practical platform for working with different home lighting options (without a studio), as well as for applying and deepening acquired knowledge.
What is set.a.light 3D STUDIO?
• The program set.a.light 3D, offers photographers a tool with which you can simulate lighting schemes in a virtual photo studio.
• The Set.a.light 3D program is used to support photographers in their daily work, and it also helps amateurs and beginners to take pictures using professional lighting equipment.
• During the simulation, the light and shadows are directly displayed, and even color transitions can be reproduced using color filters. Thus, in the blink of an eye, non-standard moods can be created with the help of lighting.
• Create a fantastic lighting scheme.
• Create a lighting scheme in a virtual studio and simulate the result. There are no limits for your ideas.
• Export the lighting scheme.
• Export the lighting scheme. It includes the equipment layout in the studio and all the settings for the flashes and the camera. And then - go to the place of shooting.
• Successful start of work at the scene!
• Now you can install lighting equipment and get the lighting you need quickly, based on your plan - the perfect start to a successful photo shoot in a relaxed atmosphere.
What's new in set.a.light 3D STUDIO 2:
• Redesigned and flexible user interface
The new user interface (= “UI”) was built for faster and more efficient working. Using set.a.light 3D in your everyday work is going to get more intuitive - thanks to a high number of improvements. It just fits itself to your style of working very well. The new possibilities of sorting certain items like light shapers with favorites helps with for example rapidly building up lighting setups.
• Menus for changing light shapers and more - directly in the studio
Several changes can be made directly at the flash inside the studio.
Just one click away, in the revised settings panel, you can change the light shaper, add a honeycomb grid or swap a flash head. With this small but powerful feature we can further optimize your workflow. This panel is extremely helpful when it comes to testing out different types of lights or changing the color gels. And, you’ll also be able to conceter the light shaper towards the model with only one click.
• Fully-movable and flexible models
One of the most important points whilst developing the software were the models. The avatars look way extremely realistic and harmonize perfectly with the lighting simulation. And, there’s one thing that our users have waited for for some time:
It's possible to fully move the models and their bodyparts to bring them into any special pose you like. Bending them, flexing them, turning them - every joint is movable, beginning with the individual fingers, up to their head and down to their feet! With only one button push, the model can adjust its eyes towards the camera or a light shaper (and later, it will even be possible to make it look towards any point you like).
• More freedom with styling and own textures
More clothing, new effects - sexy lingerie, hip casual clothes or precious business outfits. There’s the option of adding an own texture to certain basic clothes. Sticking the own logo onto the shirt of the model, changing up colors... The glow of the clothes can be adjusted as well, for example in order to achieve an effect that looks like latex or rubber. Shootings can be planned even more detailed and closer to reality.
• Setlist with expanded functions
More functions in the quick selection of the setlist will spare you having to switch between windows. The used power (in Ws) of the flash head is displayed and can be changed. You might also want to swap to solo-mode from time to time, which is possible there as well.
• Permanent light brings new possibilities
When we asked our users on Facebook, whether or not they’d like ambient light added to set.a.light 3D, lots of them were very excited! We couldn’t say no to that of course and started working on it…
With the implemented shutter speed mixtures of permanent and flash light can be used! Earlier it didn’t matter whether it was set to 1/125 or 0,5 seconds - nothing changed in the studio. Due to the new ambient light the shutter speed now makes a big difference!
• White-balance & kelvin-numbers
We’re holding the white-balance near and dear! You can manage it directly at the camera in the studio. The switches allow you to set the color temperature of the light sources in kelvin. Testing effects and repercussions onto images already in set.a.light 3D - how easy and helpful is that?
• Color screens by Lee & new paper backgrounds from Savage and Colorama
About 40 of the most popular foils of the famous company Lee found their way into the software - just for more simple and detailed planning. Not only for the color foils, but also in terms or the paper backgrounds there is some big news. We have an expanded variety of them, while setting the correct color is now even easier. The labels of the two biggest and most important companies Colorama and Savage are integrated, but there’s always the option of choosing an own color as well..
• More, more more - 3D content, interior, light shapers
The software owns a whole bunch of interior, decoration, chairs, sofas or other items. They are not only beautiful to look at, but help to recreate your own studio or living room in detail. The steadily growing arsenal of has been expanded even more, for our users to have a bigger choice. We also thought about a ring light - the typical ring light effect can be included into planning the setups as well. Of course, it is available as an ambient and a flash light.
Start working with several cameras at the same time - an important factor for the video industry and in interviews. With only one button you can switch between several cameras to check on your lighting from different perspectives - without having to always move around the same odd camera, just like in real-life.
With the gobo users can create patterns and shapes with the flash. Creating own templates, importing them and using them for your lighting design is possible with only a few easy clicks. The gobo also allows zooming and focussing.
• Setplan Export
Setplans can be designed individually. A title and notes can be inserted and even the own logo can be put onto the plan. All of this is made possible with the new export function.
• Microsoft® Windows® 10 / 8 / 7 (64 Bit - CAUTION: 32 Bit is not supported anymore)
• Intel® Core i3 / i5 / i7 / i9, or equivalent AMD Prozessor
• Graphics card with at least 1 GB VRAM (4 GB VRAM ideally) DirectX 11
• 1440x960 screen resolution or higher
• 4 GB RAM or more (8 GB ideally)
• 6 GB free hard-drive space
• Internet connection (for updates and add-ons)
• Mouse or Tablet (we suggest to use a mouse)
Year of release: 2019
Platform / OS: Windows® 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 (only 64-bit)
Interface language: Deutsch / English / Francais / Portuguese
Size: 2.00 GB